Monday, December 31, 2007

Survey Shows Voters Seeking Change ......Of Heart

According to a recent survey conducted on behalf of The Associated Press, four in 10 GOP voters have switched Presidential candidates in the past month, and nearly two-thirds say they might change their minds again!

Dr. George Turnwell, noted political analyst and head of UCLA's political science department, says the survey shows that this years Presidential campaign "is all about change".

"Voters in this year's primaries are desperately seeking change," he said, "and by constantly switching candidates, they are indeed, changing each and every day!"

The survey also found that half of all voters – including four in 10 Republicans – say they know too little about Mike Huckabee to even say whether they have a favorable impression of him!

"Perhaps if I knew a little bit more about Mr. Huckabee, I'd actually start to like him," said Molly Kurnswine, a senior at the Des Moines Roosevelt High School. "But I'm afraid that if I do get to know him better, I may find out he's even more despicable than I thought he was. Truth be told, it's quite possible that if I'd get to know all of the candidates better, I'd end up hating every single one of them! I really don't know who to vote for this year. Maybe I'll just do the ole' coin toss again."

Meanwhile, at a campaign stump in Iowa today, John Edwards said that if voters truly want change, they should vote for him.

"Change has been the cornerstone of my political career," Edwards told the crowd. "Just take a look at my record and you'll see that I've constantly changed my mind on just about every issue!"

"If change is what you're looking for," Edwards added, "you can rest assured that if I'm elected President I'll never stick to one position on any given issue for more than 24 hours! And that's a promise you can take with you to the bank!"
Del.icio.us I DiggIt!