Monday, January 21, 2008

Osama Bin Laden Endorses Barack Obama For President

Barack Obama today received a major boost in his quest to become the next US President, when he hauled in a ringing endorsement from one of the world's foremost terrorists, Al Qaeda chief, Osama Bin Laden.

In an op-ed piece in today's New York Times, Bin Laden cites Obama's close relationship with the Reverend Jeremiah Wright - who once referred to the 9/11 attacks as a "wake-up call" to "white America" for ignoring the concerns of "people of color," - as proof that Obama is sympathetic to Al Qaeda and that he would be responsive to its needs, if elected President in 2008.

"Barack Obama and Reverend Wright clearly understand why this war against the infidels is so crucial, " Bin Laden goes on to say. "Obama deserves our wholehearted support. Hence, I am endorsing his Presidential candidacy, and I call on all terrorists, wherever they may be lurking, to cast their votes for him."

However, Barack Obama today, while extolling the virtues of Osama Bin Laden and the Reverend Jeremiah Wright , announced that he was officially distancing himself from their "hateful comments and ill-timed remarks".

"While I'll always regard Reverend Wright and Osama Bin Laden as the greatest leaders of the 21st century," Obama said, "Mr. Wright's anti-American vituperations and Bin Laden's ringing endorsement of me are totally unacceptable to me at this current point in time, when Americans are deciding who their next President will be. Therefore, effective as of today, I am disavowing any affiliation with them - and I implore them to please shut their yaps until the election is over and the Presidency is securely in my hands."
Del.icio.us I DiggIt!