Friday, January 25, 2008

Rambo Remembers McCain As A Valiant POW In Vietnam

Hollywood megastar, Sylvester Stallone, expounded on his decision Thursday to endorse Arizona Senator John McCain for the 2008 presidential nomination, telling reporters today that his decision was based upon his own experience as an American POW in the Hollywood action film "Rambo", where, like John McCain, he was captured by the North Vietnamese and brutally tortured.

"Those interrogations were so brutal, I can't even begin to describe them to you," Stallone said." Yet, through it all, John McCain remained defiant, and never gave up any valuable information to his interrogators. And if he's elected President, I'm sure he'll stand up to the Democrats in congress, just like he stood up to those Vietcong beasts."

"The Dems may try to torture him," Stallone continued, "Perhaps they'll hang him by his tongue, or pull out his finger nails, but in the end, I can assure you, McCain will always remain faithful to his whimsical ideolog......I mean...to his Conservative ideologies."

However, Senator McCain, upon hearing how Stallone had lavished praise upon him, insisted that it was Stallone who was the real war hero, and not him.

"All I did was languish away in a squalid and roach-infested jail cell, hoping I would one day see the light of day," McCain said, "but Stallone acted out the kind of heroics I could have only dreamt about."

"I appreciate Sylvester's kind words and I'm happy to have him on board with me," McCain said, "but Stallone's on-screen heroics, without question, went beyond the call of duty and certainly surpassed anything I ever did in real life."

Meanwhile, former world karate champion and Hollywood tough guy, Chuck Norris, who's recently been traveling the country, campaigning for Republican hopeful Mike Huckabee, says he's not at all fazed by Rambo's endorsement of McCain.

"It's really pathetic when you think about it," Norris said, "John McCain can't come up with any of his own ideas, so he's got to steal our ideas. As soon as I decide to endorse Mike Huckabee, McCain's got to come up with his own Hollywood tough guy to endorse his candidacy. The guy's pathetic, he really is."

Asked if he thought John McCain had a better chance of beating Mike Huckabee now that he had "Rambo" on his side, the martial arts aficionado replied, "Hell, I wouldn't worry about that! If Rambo so much as lays a hand on Huckabee, I'll give him a reverse roundhouse right in his gut, then I'll follow up with one right on McCains chin, and if that doesn't work, well - I suppose I've always got my nun-chucks."
Del.icio.us I DiggIt!